Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Better Place

It's been nearly a week now since Maw got the news that her Grandma passed. Even now it's hard to believe she's really gone. The Alzheimer's had stolen the "real Grandma" from us, but every now & then, she would sneak away from its grasp & be herself, if only for a moment.
Maw's last visit with her was a good one. Her "I love you, Grandma" was answered in kind, and da Grandma even used Maw's name. That was a treat, at the time, and a comforting, treasured memory now.
I made a card fur Maw to let her know that I was sorry fur her loss & I told her da Grandma was in a better place. Maw was very touched by the card, since I had drawn sweet things on it, including a bridge leading up to a rainbow. The card took a while to make, especially since I was getting leaky eyes & didn't want to smudge the ink. It was all worth it, though, to see her smile again - like a lil beam of sunshine peeking through the clouds. I was quite proud of my artistry but must admit I didn't do it ALL by myself, I had a lot of help from Paw - he's got those handy thumbs! (We told you before that Paw was a keeper and this is just another example)
I haven't been on Twitter much at all this past week, as I was full-time comfort kitty. However, it's the caring, loving, endearing effect of the Anipal Community that is probably just what the doctor ordered, right about now.

Please, everyone, if there is someone in your life that you really love, never miss an opportunity to express it to them. You never know if you'll have another chance.

With love & gratitude,
Bizbee (& leaky-eyed Mawmy)

- Posted using BlogPress from MY spiffy iPhone (I just let Maw borrow it cuz I'm cool like dat)

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this, Bizbee. Even when we know a person is in a better place it's hard for those left behind. Just because they're "better off" now doesn't mean we don't miss them. It's nice that you made a card and have been looking after your Maw...she's a tough broad and I'm sure after she gets her tears out she'll be back & better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's loss. M gma had alzheimers too, and it is a mean disease. I'm so happy dat your mama's parting words to her were "I love you." Your mom will have a great rembrance now of grandma answering back with the correct name. Dat's amazing and was truly a gift. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Bizbee...I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. It's so difficult losing the ones we love, but it just reinforces how fragile life really is and how we should never take it for granted. I've missed you lately and was just thinking abt you the other day. Then today I saw your #FF shout out and it made me smile. :) Take care of your maw..and yourself. Ur both very special. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. You are a sweet thoughtful kitteh to make such a wonderful card for your Maw.

    Beltated Sympathies, Love & Hugs,
    XOX ~Andy & mama

    ReplyDelete